Our Joint Account feature allows you to add a spouse or partner to your Premium or Family Qube account. Joint accounts are great for couples who manage or would like to manage their household finances together. We call this person a "Companion," or your secondary account holder. An account Companion must be a U.S. resident who is at least 18 years old and have a Social Security Number.
With Joint Accounts, you will each have your own physical debit card and debit card number, but the same bank account number. Once you add a companion to your account, you'll be seeing, spending, and saving from all of the same qubes. Currently, all qubes between a primary account holder and their Companion are shared, and there is no "Private" qube functionality for each of you to have a qube or qubes the other cannot see or access. Both members can deposit, transfer, and withdraw money from the account.
Joint Account functionality does not come with the Basic plan. If you want to add just a spouse or partner to your account, we recommend the Premium plan, which allows two users: you, the primary account holder, and your Companion, the secondary account holder. If you'd like to add your partner and children to your account, we recommend the Family plan. On the Family plan, you can add a companion, as well as up to 5 additional authorized users (minor children, adult children, grandparents, nannies etc.).
We encourage you to have your Companion with you, as you will need information from them to complete this process. Follow the steps below to add a Companion to your Premium or Family account:
- On a computer, login to https://dashboard.qubemoney.com/. From your web dashboard, click on the hamburger menu and select Account and click on Add a Companion to this Account.
- On mobile, go to your Profile Screen and select Add a Companion to this Account. (you might have to scroll to the bottom of the Profile Screen).
- Follow the prompts to add a Companion. You will need to enter their:
- Legal First Name
- Legal Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Once you enter their Mobile Phone Number, they will be texted a 5-digit code, and you will enter this code on the following screen to continue.
- Next, you'll create their account password, confirm the shipping address. At this time, cards may only be shipped to the primary account holder's address.
- Then, you will enter your Companion's Date of Birth and Social Security Number to verify their identity. Federal regulations require that we verify identity to open a bank account. This is encrypted with 128-bit encryption, and will not affect their credit score.
- You can then select their debit card design and shipping method.
- In some cases, we may request additional information to verify their identity, such as uploading pictures of a Driver's License, Government or Military ID. If needed, you will do that here and after you press Submit, you'll get an email regarding approval status within 1-2 business days.
- Once a Companion is successfully added, they will get a text message from us inviting them to download the Qube Money app. All they'll need to do is login using the credentials you just created for them. Their debit card will be shipped right away, and they can access their debit card number from the Profile Screen while they wait for the physical one to arrive.
If you get an error message while trying to add a Companion to your account, please contact Customer Support.