Bill Qubes allow you to link your bills to a qube and automatically pay them without having to open a qube each time. In your Qube app, there are two different types of bill qubes; what we call "Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes," and "Virtual Bill Qubes."
Please note: If you created your Qube account after March 16, 2022, you will not see or have the option to create Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes. As of April 11, 2022, creating NEW Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes has been disabled for all users. Existing Merchant-Locked Qubes will continue to work until further notice.
This page will show you how to create and pay bills through a Virtual Bill Qube (Recommended). The most distinct and amazing thing about Virtual Bills Qubes is that a unique virtual debit card and unique account number is generated specifically for EACH bill qube. Virtual Bill Qubes can be used with a single merchant, or with multiple merchants by using that bill qube's unique card or account number for multiple bills/merchants.
For example, say you wanted to make a "Housing" bill qube. You could fund that qube with your overall budget for housing, and have your mortgage, HOA fees, and homeowner's insurance all connected to and paid from your Housing qube. Amazing!
To set up a Virtual Bill Qube
- Open your Qube app and go to the Bills Screen , then tap the Add Qube icon .
- Follow the prompts to enter a Name for your bill qube, then choose an Icon and Color.
- The next step is to choose the type of bill qube you wish to create. Select Virtual.
- Select a bill frequency from the options provided. If there is no set schedule for this bill, choose "Variable."
- Select the next due date for this bill. If you don't know the exact date, estimate it best you can. (The due date is used for reminders only and has no impact on whether the bill is approved or denied.) This step will be skipped if you chose "Variable" as your bill frequency.
- Set your Monthly Budget and Bill Amount. For a monthly bill, both amounts might be the same. However, for other frequencies, monthly budget and bill amount may be different. For example, if you have an annual tax bill of $1,200, the bill amount will be $1,200 and monthly budget will be $100 to ensure you have enough money saved by the bill due date. Then select Done.
- Your Virtual Bill Qube is created and ready for use. Make sure to fund it now, so your bills won't get declined. Nice work!