Qubeless is a feature that allows transactions to process without needing to open a Qube!
Turning on the Qubeless Transactions setting will approve transactions even when no Spend Qube is open, or no matching Bill Qube is found.
Qubeless is a lifesaver when:
- You're going on a trip, into a store, or location in general with poor network coverage
- You have a low or dead phone battery, or simply forgot your phone
- You have critical ACH transactions scheduled that may incur a fee if denied (e.g., your mortgage)
Matching bill qubes and currently open spend qubes are always checked first, so having qubeless transactions turned on will not impact any regular transactions. But if none are found, then your transaction will process under your "Qubeless" category. To move a transaction out of Qubeless, you then simply assign it to a qube.
Note: You may have some Qubeless ACH or debit card transactions process even with the setting turned off. For ACH transactions, common ones that may still process are mortgages and utility bills. For debit transactions, it could be because of an error with the merchant sending information to the bank or with the bank sending transaction settlement information to Qube. A merchant may also preauthorize a purchase and then ring the final authorization through as a completely separate transaction, so it doesn't connect to the original Qube and therefore goes to Qubeless. If this happens, all you need to do is assign the transaction to a qube.
Setting up Qubeless Transactions
Turning on Qubeless Transactions is easy! For complete control over your own transaction approvals, and to prevent fraud, Qube allows separate qubeless settings for Debit Card vs. ACH transactions.
- Open your Qube app and go to the Profile screen .
- Tap the gear icon to go to Global Settings.
- Tap Qubeless Transactions.
- Toggle Debit Card Transactions or ACH Transactions to the ON setting, and then specify your approved limit for each type of transaction.
Note: The default setting for Qubeless ACH Transactions is ON, with a default limit of $2,500. This default setting and limit was implemented so important transactions like mortgage payments will not get declined. However, even though the limit will automatically default to $2,500, you will never be able to spend more than the balance of your Qube Account.
Qubeless Transactions Real-Life Example
- You've turned on Debit Card Transactions in your Qubeless Settings and set the limit to $100.
- You're at a grocery store with poor service and need to buy a few things for $40.
- Since you have Debit Card Transactions turned on, you can swipe your physical card or use your mobile wallet, and the $40 transaction will be approved.
- It is important to note that since you set your total Debt Card Transaction limit to $100 and have already used $40, you would only be able to use $60 more while you're still out of cell service.
- Once you have service again, you will see this qubeless transaction in the section of your Overview Screen called Qubeless. The qubeless transaction will also show up on your Activity Screen highlighted in orange, indicating that it needs to be assigned to a qube.
- From either the Overview or Activity Screen, you'll tap on your $40 grocery transaction and then tap Qube It to assign it to a qube.
- Once you've assigned the transaction a qube, it is no longer "qubeless" and your qubeless limit is restored to $100.
- In this same example, if you had your qubeless ACH setting turned on, but your qubeless Debit Card setting turned off, the transaction at the store while using your debit card would be denied.
If you're having trouble or have more questions about Qubeless, please contact Customer Support.