Setting up bill qubes allows you to automatically pay bills without having to open a qube each time. In your Qube app, there are two different types of bill qubes; what we call "Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes," and "Virtual Bill Qubes."
This page will show you how to create and pay bills through a Merchant-Locked Bill Qube. With Merchant-Locked bill qubes, you will pay bills using your physical debit card number or through ACH transfer using your Qube Money checking account and routing number. Merchant-Locked bill qubes can only be used with a single merchant.
Please note: If you created your Qube account after March 16, 2022, you will not see or have the option to create Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes. As of April 11, 2022, creating NEW Merchant-Locked Bill Qubes has been disabled for all users. Existing Merchant-Locked Qubes will continue to work until further notice.
To set up a Merchant-Locked Bill Qube
1. Open your Qube app and click on the Bills Screen and tap the Add Qube icon .
2. Follow the prompts to enter a Name for your bill qube, select an Icon and Color, whether the bill is a fixed or variable amount, and enter the exact amount of the next bill due.
3. The next screen will ask you to select a Payment Method.
If the payee will be using your bank account information to process the charge, choose Qube Account (ACH).
If the payee will be charging your card on file, choose the option with your Name and last four digits of your Qube Card number.
Not sure of the difference? When you signed up for Auto Pay with the bill company, if you entered your bank account and routing numbers, then select ACH. If you entered your Qube debit card number, then select the option with your card number.
4. Select a bill frequency from the options provided. If there is no set schedule for this bill, choose "Variable."
5. Choose the next due date for this bill. If you don't know the exact date, estimate it best you can (The due date is used for reminders only and has no impact on whether the bill is approved or denied). This step will be skipped if you chose Variable for bill frequency previously.
6. After you create the bill qube, make sure you fund it to avoid the charge being declined. Follow the prompts on the screen to fund your bill qube.
Things to note:
- If you do not enter your exact next bill amount, the system will not be able to lock a merchant ID to this bill qube and your transaction will be denied. After the first charge, the bill amount can vary as long as you created the bill qube as a "Variable" bill.
- If you need to change the merchant for a bill, (i.e., if you switch phone or cable companies) you’ll need to archive the existing bill qube and create a new one for the new merchant. Archiving the bill qube will transfer any funds in it to your Cloud.