Our Joint Account feature allows you to add another person to your Qube account. We call this a "Companion," and your companion could be a spouse, partner, or even an adult child. Joint accounts are great for couples who manage or would like to manage their household finances together.
With Joint Accounts, you will each have your own physical debit card and debit card number, but the same bank account number. Once you join accounts, you will be seeing, spending, and saving from all of the same qubes. Currently, all qubes are shared in a Joint Account, and there is no "Private" qube functionality for each of you to have a qube or qubes the other cannot see or access. Both members can deposit, transfer, and withdraw money from the account. Joint account functionality does not come with the Basic plan.
Follow the steps below to link your account with a Companion:
- Have your companion sign up for their own individual Qube BASIC account.
After your companion opens their own individual account, do not deposit any money into it. Please wait to deposit money until after the accounts are joined. If they already have an existing account, they will need to transfer their money out of it (or do a Peer-to-Peer transfer to you) before accepting your invitation.
Once their account is approved and open, send an invite to your companion to join your account.
- On a computer, login to https://dashboard.qubemoney.com/
- From your dashboard, select Add a Companion to this Account under your account type
- Follow the prompts to enter your Companion's First Name, Last Name, and Mobile Number, and select Invite Companion.
After you invite your companion to join your account, they will need to accept the invitation on their end for the accounts to be joined.
- Your companion will receive a text message inviting them to join your account. They can click on the link in this text message, and it will take them to their Account Dashboard on the web.
- They can select Accept or Decline from this screen.
- After your companion accepts your invitation, your accounts will be connected. This cannot be undone.
If your Companion already has a debit card, they will not be sent a new card after joining your account. If your companion doesn't yet have a debit card, they will be sent one after accepting your invitation, as long as you've already made a deposit. You will each keep your own debit cards, but the invitee's bank account number will change to be the same as yours.